Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bryan Spencer's Everything Counts

   I have witnessed the deterioration of originality and individuality amongst my people.  I leave my homeland to earn a degree in engineering, only to return to my homeland and see my fellow brothers and sisters relinquishing their native heritage and natural selves, to a very artificial state of wearing wigs. Due to the lack of self identity and sense of pride, my countrymen wig wearers.  
       I argue and debate with my fellow brothers about their inadequate ideals of social belonging and self expression through this wearing of wigs.   It has veiled the essence of our culture and is absolutely a very common attribute in our culture today.  My brothers are often angered by inquiries, I feel they are too angry and will destroy me, so I maintain that if they applied such energies toward a solution for the revolution, their energy might be better placed.  Their is a definite war of the sexes in my homeland and it is a reflection of the loss of identity within my people.  
       Why don't the men and women of my country realize that these wigs are a  common norm because of their insecurities and their unwillingness to be their true selves to make a positive influence.  The people of the land are just disillusioned, I will start teaching soon and Fiifi will start his occupation, perhaps we will cause some change as I will wear my hair naturally.  
        As the first day of school arrived, I was prepared to tell the students what was what and  my hair is worn natural, unlike the dominant population of wig wearers.  I met my students at eleven o'clock a.m there were about fifteen or twenty students total, mostly girls, they all had such beautiful faces.  I know my country has been diluted by social and cultural unawreness, but hopefully I can reach the youth.      

No comments: